Variable Capacity tanks, also called Variable Volume tanks, made in Italy by Marchisio. This style of tank features a ‘floating’ lid with an inflatable gasket that can be positioned at any height in the tank. Use the included air pump to inflate the lid gasket. Whether you position the lid directly on the liquid, just above, or at the top of the tank is up to you. They are used as affordable stainless production tanks for applications ranging from winemaking to pickled foods and Kombucha.
Considerations for Winemaking
When used in winemaking we recommend these tanks for fermentation and short-term storage. If you are considering storing wine in a variable volume tank for longer than a month, we suggest you consider our German-made Speidel Variable Volume Tanks. In addition to other quality features like a mirror polish inside, thicker stainless, and robotically welded seams, Speidel tanks feature a proprietary lid gasket that only fits their tanks. This gasket is made from a very high quality, thick, white, food-grade, material that makes a true seal and resists oxygen transfer. This gasket also does not have the seam line that clear gaskets have. To learn more about the clear gaskets watch our video listed below the product copy. All variable volume tanks other than those from Speidel, including these tanks from Marchisio, feature a standard clear gasket that is sufficient for many applications, but we do not recommend them for long term wine storage.
- 304 Stainless Tank
- 304 Stainless Floating Lid
- Food-Grade Floating Gasket
- Air Pump with pressure gauge
- Connection kit for connecting gasket to pump
- Dry Airlock for tank
- Chrome Plated Spigot
- Nominal volume: 100 Liters (26.4 gallons)
- Effective volume: 93 Liters (24.6 gallons)
- Diameter: 50 cm (20 inches)
- Height: 60 cm (24 inches)
- Valve size: 1/2" FPT
- Thickness (Bottom X side, in mm): 1.0 X 0.7
The Marchisio Brand
Marchisio is a classic Italian tank manufacturer that represents the best value in the industry. Great quality at a very competitive price. All tanks have a classic marbled finish on the outside and a smooth polished finish on the inside. Each tank includes a dry airlock – a style of airlock that has a marble inside to make a seal. We recommend replacing this airlock with a classic water airlock to reduce potential oxidation. Includes 1/2" chrome plated valve.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.