Proud to bring you this fantastic and economical all-purpose base malt. It is made from Harrington and Metcalf barley grown on the western prairies of the US and malted in Minnesota. It is low in total nitrogen, well modified, high in enzymes, and easily converts with a single step infusion mash. It has a light, clean, smooth flavor. One of our most popular base malts, it is perfect for building nearly any style ale. 1.7°L
Example Malt Analysis
Moisture, % 4.1
Extract %, finely ground malt, as is 81.3
Extract %, coarsley ground malt, as is 80.3
F/C Difference % 1.0
Color, laboratory Wort, degrees Lovibond 1.80
Beta Glucan, ppm 76
Diastatic Power 131
Alpha Amylase (DU) 54.0
Total Soluble Protein %, dry basis 4.68
Total Protein %, dry basis 11.16
S/T Ratio % 41.9
||Domestic Base Malt
Rahr was founded on the shores of Lake Michigan in 1847 by German immigrant and brewer, William Rahr. Over 170 years later, the company is still owned and operated by the Rahr family, now in its 5th and 6th generations.
Our success has been built upon a commitment of quality, integrity and value provided to our customers, and is evidenced by the continuous investment in our people, our facilities and our products.
We strive to make our business practices reflect our values of sustainability and giving back to our communities.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.