Proud to bring you this fantastic and economical all-purpose base malt. It is made from Harrington and Metcalf barley grown on the western prairies of the US and malted in Minnesota. It is low in total nitrogen, well modified, high in enzymes, and easily converts with a single step infusion mash. It has a light, clean, smooth flavor. One of our most popular base malts, it is perfect for building nearly any style ale. 1.7°L
Example Malt Analysis
Moisture, % 4.1
Extract %, finely ground malt, as is 81.3
Extract %, coarsley ground malt, as is 80.3
F/C Difference % 1.0
Color, laboratory Wort, degrees Lovibond 1.80
Beta Glucan, ppm 76
Diastatic Power 131
Alpha Amylase (DU) 54.0
Total Soluble Protein %, dry basis 4.68
Total Protein %, dry basis 11.16
S/T Ratio % 41.9
||Domestic Base Malt
Rahr was founded on the shores of Lake Michigan in 1847 by German immigrant and brewer, William Rahr. Over 170 years later, the company is still owned and operated by the Rahr family, now in its 5th and 6th generations.
Our success has been built upon a commitment of quality, integrity and value provided to our customers, and is evidenced by the continuous investment in our people, our facilities and our products.
We strive to make our business practices reflect our values of sustainability and giving back to our communities.
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
- Larger items shipping LTL Freight can take up to 10 business days in transit
FedEx / UPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
All freight shipments will be scheduled between the delivery company and customer prior to delivery usually 1-2 days before the shipment is ready for delivery. Freight shipments require signature on delivery.
Standard freight delivery is curbside: The shippers will call to schedule a delivery appointment with a 4 hour window. The drivers will then meet you at the designated time and drop the merchandise on the curb.
Inside Delivery will include: In house delivery, up to 1 flights of stairs and into the desired room. (calculated during checkout)
White Glove Delivery will include: Room of choice delivery, light assembly, and removal of any trash or debris from packaging.
Hand 🤚 Picked Shipping: Products marked with the take special shipping care. Because of the nature of these items we take an additional quality control step to make sure these are pack and shipped with no bumps or blemishes. You will see an additional shipping charge but understand this is only to enhance your product experience
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $75.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.