Yeast starters offer higher cell counts at the time the yeast is pitched, leading to faster, healthier fermentations and better tasting beer!
You may be wondering how to make a yeast starter. Well, lucky for you this kit contains everything you need for making your own yeast starter right out of the box, including step-by-step instructions!
This is the most common size used to make yeast starters using liquid yeast, great for higher alcohol beer and cold fermented lagers.
In the lab world, these flasks are known as "Student Grade," meaning there may be some cosmetic flaws in the glass, and the volume measurements are approximate due to variations in the thickness of the glass walls of the flask. This makes it a great flask for making yeast starters--at a great price!
We do not recommend the use of an electric element with these flasks. If this cannot be avoided, we suggest using a larger pot as a hot water bath on the stove.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!