This Brew Kettle has a lot to offer...
Some other features we dig include the internal volume markers from the bottom to the top - so handy for instant reads. The silicone sleeved handles on the kettle and the lid are a cool feature to protect your hands. The tri-clad bottom with a 4mm core of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel offers even heat distribution during the boil and also makes it a perfect choice for anyone wanting to use an induction burner.
Beefy 304 Stainless
These kettles are made from 304 grade stainless. That means you will have less corrosion issues than with a kettle made from lower grade 201 type stainless. Put through a corrosive salt water test and they passed with flying colors. We also made sure the rivets and riveted handles were also made of stainless steel for a long term, trouble free life. The 10 and 15 gallon size are made from 1.0mm thick stainless steel. The 20, 30 and 50 gallon size are made with 1.2mm stainless - that's pretty thick stuff - and you will know it when you pick one up. The included ball valve is a two piece design that allows for easy cleaning (we prefer these over 3 piece for ease of assembly) and is also made from 304 stainless.
Mirror Polish Finish
The mirror polish finish isn’t just for making your Instagram feed pop! This extra slick finish is much easier to clean and sanitize than a standard brushed stainless kettle. Hop trub and other organic solids left behind after a brew day will have a hard time clinging to the interior surface and scrub away with ease.
Size Ratios and Stuff
All the BrewBuilt kettles follow the recent trend to a 1.2:1 ratio where the height is 1.2 times the diameter. This is a proven commercial ratio that has been adopted in homebrewing to achieve a more consistent 10% evaporation rate during the boil. We do like this ratio for boiling. For Mashing we would prefer a little bit shallower but that is a small compromise. Dimensions for a hot-liquor tank, if you are thinking brewing system down the road, are irrelevant as any ratio kettle will do.
With welded tri-clamp fittings, mirror polish finish, a bunch of cool features, and a solid, thick 304 stainless steel core this kettle is a pretty amazing value.
- Two welded T.C. couplers for a lifetime of leak free use
- Notched lid with silicone plug for flexibility
- 304 Stainless construction for longevity
- 1.2mm 20, 30 & 50 gal thick side walls resist denting
- 4mm Tri-Clad Aluminum bottom sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for no scorching
- Internally etched volume markers from top to bottom for easy reading
- Silicone coated handles for heat protection
- 1.2:1 Ratio is optimal for boiling evaporation rate
- Lid is designed to conveniently hang from a handle
- Stainless handles with stainless rivets for secure lifting