This white, gas-in quick disconnect comes with a barb for attaching to a beverage line, and its high quality construction creates a sturdy seal that won’t leak gas when in use.
The barb measures 1/4 inch, so it is compatible with either 1/4 inch or 5/16 inch beverage tubing.
Note: Sometimes ball lock fittings can be difficult to get fully seated on a Cornelius keg. We recommend using a quick spray of sanitizer solution to act as a lubricant and giving it a few twists while applying the ball lock.
Q: Why is some gas fittings 5/16 inch but homebrew qd are 1/4 inch?
A: Often times the fittings on a regulator or gas manifold are 5/16" but homebrew quick disconnects are 1/4". This happens because industry standard in beer dispensing is 5/16" and industry standard in the soda industry (which is where kegs and keg qd's come from) is 1/4". No worries you can either choose to use 1/4" ID line and stretch it over your 5/16" fittings (use a glass of hot water to soften line) or you can use 5/16" ID gas line and attach it to a 1/4" barb by overtightening the hose clamp.
If your Ball-Lock QD's are hard to use
Sometimes ball lock fittings are a challenge to quick disconnect "on and off" a cornelius keg. We recommend spraying the body connect on the keg first with a sanitizer solution which acts as a lubricant. When applying the ball lock fitting to the body connect, give a twist and turn to make it easier to connect. Over 10 years of showroom work I have coined this term the "Lube and Turn".
FREE Shipping over $49
Flat Rate $8.99 under $49
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $49 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $49*
- Flat rate $8.99 under $99
- 1-3 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $49.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.