Our best-selling kettle, modified for electric brewing! The BrewBuilt Electric Brewing Kettle features an offset welded tri-clamp ferrule for easy installation of the SlingBlade electric heating element. The SlingBlade elements were specifically designed for BrewBuilt kettles and each element fits the corresponding kettle like a glove, perfectly matching the curvature of the kettle wall and providing the appropriate amount of power for the volume size. The unique crescent-shaped design places the element on one side of the kettle, leaving the opposite side clear for an immersion chiller or other accessories. Positioning the element in this way also promotes a rolling boil that evenly ditributes heat throughout the kettle. You'll love the results you get with the SlingBlade's ultra-low watt density (more on that below!). The kettle does not come with a power cord so you'll need to provide your own extension cord, or better yet, add our watertight On/Off power switch for the most convenient way to power the element.
BrewBuilt Brewing Kettles
Designed for Brewing. Built to Last. BrewBuilt brew kettles are made from 304 stainless steel and offer an unparalleled mix of features for the price. At the very top of the list are three welded-in-place couplers that offer a lifetime of leak-free use. The outlet coupler and thermometer coupler are 1/2" NPT and the offset coupler is 1.5" tri-clamp for easy installation of the SlingBlade element. A tri-clamp end cap, clamp, and gasket are included so you're able to plug the port and use the kettle with direct fire if desired. As you can imagine, welding in a coupler costs more than punching a hole and using a gasketed (i.e. weldless) fitting. Welded fittings offer a permanent connection that to us is worth every penny. The second unique feature that we absolutely love about these brew kettles is the notched lid with silicone plug. This notch allows you so much flexibility; you can use an immersion chiller, one of our Ultimate Sparge Arms for mashing, tie off hop bags, take a temp reading during cooling, or whatever else you can dream up.
Other Features We Love:
- Etched internal volume markers for instant reads
- Silicone sleeved handles to protect your hands
- Tri-clad bottom with 4mm aluminum core for even heat distribution when used with direct fire or induction burners
- 1/2" female threads on the inside of the bottom coupler for installing pickup tubes and other accessories
- Thick 304 stainless steel provides excellent corrosion resistance
- 1.2:1 height to diameter ratio for a more consistent 10% evaporation rate during boil
BrewBuilt SlingBlade Element
The SlingBlade's unique crescent-shaped design positions all of the heating power on one side of the kettle, sending thermal energy upward to the surface that then cascades downward on the opposite side of the kettle. This movement creates a dynamic turbulence that evenly distributes heat while creating a vigorous, rolling boil. Other heating elements stick right out into the middle of the kettle or use a full circle design that rings the kettle wall. This can cause an obstruction for immersion chillers or make it difficult to stir without banging into the element. The SlingBlade was designed to avoid these issues. By remaining on one side of the kettle, the element will be out of the way of your immersion chiller, and since the element follows the curvature of the kettle wall, it won't interfere with the flow of wort during whirlpool.
Ultra-Low Watt Density
An electric element transfers power to your wort by applying heat, but if this heat is too concentrated you will get local heating that is hotter than 212°F. This catalyzes Maillard Reactions, which can lead to darker beer than intended and produce unwanted caramelization. Think of these reactions like roasting a marshmallow. First it gets a light brown, we call this Maillard reactions, a little hotter and it gets a dark brown, we call this caramelization, then it turns black and we call this pyrolysis (burnt or scorched). While all kettles undergo these reactions, an electric element can concentrate more heat into a small area, which can quickly scorch your wort. Our experience is that at 90-watts per square inch recipes need to be modified to account for the element and light beers never come out quite right. The SlingBlade element was designed at 50-watts per square inch to reduce the chance of scorching while still providing a vigorous boil. For even lower watt density, consider the Boil Vigor Controller (BE532 - coming soon!).
- Three welded couplers for a lifetime of leak free use (2x NPT, 1x TC)
- 50-gallon kettle uses two independent elements and features a second TC coupler
- Notched lid with silicone plug for flexibility
- 304 Stainless construction for longevity
- 1.0mm (10 & 15 gal) or 1.2mm (22, 31 & 50 gal) thick side walls resists denting
- 4mm Tri-Clad Aluminum bottom sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for no scorching
- 1/2" FPT internal threads on bottom port for attaching various kettle fittings
- Internally etched volume markers from top to bottom for easy reading
- Silicone coated handles for heat protection
- 1.2:1 Ratio is optimal for boiling evaporation rate
- Two-piece, 304 stainless ball-valve for easy cleaning
- Lid is designed to conveniently hang from a handle
- Stainless handles with stainless rivets for secure lifting
- 1/2" MPT stainless plug and plumbers tape included for thermometer port
- 1.5" T.C. end cap, clamp, and gasket included for plugging element port
- Made from Stainless Steel with proprietary coating for long life
- 1.5" Tri-Clamp connection
- Unique offset design promotes rolling boil
- Ultra-Low Watt Density eliminates scorching
- UL Certified components
- 240 Volt
- L6-30 plug
- 20 Amp breaker required for 10 & 15-gallon kettle
- 30 Amp breaker required for 22 & 31-gallon kettle
- 50-gallon kettle uses 2 x heating elements and requires 2 x 30 amp circuits
***In order to avoid injury or death we strongly recommend using a GFCI in any circuit used near water. You can find one here.***
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!