Keep your fermentation temperature in check with the BrewBuilt Universal CoolStix™ for flat-lid fermenters! Just about any homebrew fermenter with a flat lid can be modified to work with the Universal CoolStix™. We especially like it with the Speidel 60L Plastic Fermenter or a simple 6-gallon bucket fermenter. Temperature control is one the most important aspects of a healthy, happy fermentation. When your fermenting beer gets too hot, the yeast will likely impart off-flavors that can easily overwhelm the taste of your finished beer. The Universal CoolStix™ is a revolutionary cooling solution for up to 10 gallon batch fermentations -- it is easy to clean, easy to setup, and cools quickly and efficiently. To install, simply drill out a 1-3/8" hole into the lid of your fermenter for the CoolStix™ grommet, and a 13/32" hole for the thermowell grommet.
The BrewBuilt CoolStix™ uses a submersible pump to circulate cooling solution and a digital temperatre controller to regulate flow. When the controller's temperature probe detects that your fermentation temp is getting too hot, it will power on the submersible pump to run ice water or glycol through the CoolStix™. Once the temperature stabilizes, the controller will shut off the pump and stop circulation.
You will also need a cold water source to provide the cooling solution. For maintaining ale temperatures, a cooler or bucket of ice water is sufficient in most cases. For maintaining lagering temperatures or cold crashing, we recommend the Icemaster 100 Glycol Chiller.
- Universal CoolStix™
- 2x Fitting Assemblies That Include:
- 2x Push-In Fittings with 1/4" FPT
- 2x Male Quick Disconnects with 1/4" MPT
- 2x Female Quick Disconnects with 3/8" Barbs
- Submersible Pump (1300 GPH)
- Digital Temperature Controller
- Thermowell & Grommets
- 2x 5 ft. lengths of 3/8" ID silicone tubing
- Diameter - 1"
- Overall Length - 22¼"
- Main Column Length - 20¼"
- Width from CoolStix™ to Barb - 6½"
- Made from 304 Stainless Steel
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!