The classic American ale strain. Famous for its clean, neutral flavor and its ability to be used in any style. Emphasizes malt and hops. Attenuates well. CALI is eligible for direct pitch straight into your wort. Every batch is PCR tested to ensure contamination free yeast.
Use at a rate of 12 grams per 5-6 gallons of wort. Or 60-100 grams per barrel, depending on wort temperature and gravity.
Direct Pitch OR Rehydrate:
CALI yeast can be direct pitched with great results by sprinkling it onto the surface of the wort in your fermenter. However, proper hydration helps ensure a healthy fermentation and is especially recommended for beer with a starting gravity above 15°P (1.061 SG). To hydrate yeast, first sanitize the yeast pack and a pair of scissors. Boil tap water to sterilize and then cool to 85-95°F (29-35°C). Use 10 grams (0.35 oz) of water per gram of yeast. Sprinkle the yeast onto the water, allow the slurry to stand undisturbed for 20 minutes, and then swirl. Use small amounts of wort to adjust the temperature of the slurry to within 10°F (6°C) of the wort temp before pitching. Ferment between 59-72°F (15-22°C).
Optimum Fermentation Temp: 59-72°F
Similar Strains: WLP001, WY1056, US-05
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.