Citra is currently one of the most sought after hops among craft and home brewers for their intense citrus aroma and flavor. Grapefruit and lime aromas along with gooseberry, passion fruit, and lychee notes. Currently one of the top choices for late hop additions or dry hopping when you want to make that ultimate hop bomb IPA or Pale Ale. Citra also has a fairly high alpha acid content making it a good choice for bittering IPAs, Pales, and American Ales.
Whole cone hops are typically the preferred format for dry hopping as they maintain contact with the beer by floating, they are easier to remove than pellets and they add a unique character to the beer. Adding whole cone hops directly to the mash tun is also a great way to add some extra hop flavor and to clarify your wort as it filters through the flowers.
Alpha Acids: 11.0 – 13.0%
Beta Acids: 3.5 – 4.5%
Alpha-Beta Ratio: 2.4 - 3.7
Cohumulone: (% of alpha acids): 22 – 24%
Total Oils in mls per 100 grams dried: 2.2 – 2.8
Storage(% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 68° F): 75%
Similar Hop Varieties: Simcoe, Mosaic
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.