Dried Malt Extract (DME) is the primary sugar source in extract brewing and can be used in partial-mash or all grain brewing to adjust flavor, color and gravity of brews. DME can also be used to increase head retention and body. Many brewers choose nutrient rich DME as the sugar source for making yeast starters as well. Briess dried malt extracts are made from 100% malt and water.
Dark DME: 54% Munich Malt 10L; 30% Base Malt; 13% Caramel Malt 60L; 3% Black Malt; Water
Traditional Dark is an excellent dark malt extract . With an intense, sweet and malty flavor, it can be used in the production of many beer styles, either as a base, to boost gravity or for color and flavor enhancement. Contributes strong flavors to darker beer styles such as: Red ales, Brown ales, Amber ales, Oktoberfests, Bocks/Dopelbocks and can be used for color adjustments in lighter beer styles.
- Color: 30.0º Lovibond (8º Plato)
- Fermentability: 75%
- Solids: 97%
- 1.043 PPG
Briess malting facilities, based in Wisconsin is a true American company that is still privately held by the Briess family. The late Roger Briess was a huge supporter of homebrewing and attended and sponsored homebrewing events. Yes we like the malt and also the company!
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.