Powerful and Efficient Cooling
A state-of-the-art compressor provides powerful cooling while being efficient enough to meet the strict California Department of Energy consumption guidelines. Internal fans circulate cool air throughout the cabinet to create faster cooldown and eliminate hot spots, ensuring that each bottle in your collection is aging in the intended temperature range.
The digital display and push button controls are easily accessible and intuitive. You can precisely control the interior temperature of the cabinet in one degree increments by pressing the up and down arrows. The LED display shows the set temperature during adjustments, then displays the current temperature, allowing you to monitor how the unit is performing. You can also turn the lights on and off, change the display from Fahrenheit to Celsius and turn off the power to the appliance with the push of a button.
A finished black cabinet allows the unit to look great in freestanding applications, while the front-venting design allows you to build the appliance into cabinetry so that only the stainless steel framed glass door and toe kick are visible. The cool blue lighting and refined wooden shelves add to an aesthetic that is pleasing to the eye.
Glide-Out Wooden Shelves
15 sturdy wooden shelves gently cradle your bottles and reduce harmful vibration that could upset the sediment of your wine during long term storage. Telescoping roller assemblies extend all but the bottom shelf so that you can easily view and access the rear bottles, so you don't have to remove the front bottles to determine what is behind them.
- Up to 174 bottle capacity*
This bottle count is an estimate based on 3" diameter standard wine bottle. If you have larger bottle diameters, you may hold less bottles per rack or you can remove racks to accommodate the larger bottle sizes.
- Black Cabinet and Stainless Steel Framed Glass Doo.
- Left or Right hinge options. Door is not field reversible.
- Stainless Steel Curved AND Towel Bar Handles
- LED Temperature Display
- Push button controls
- Can be set between 40 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum Ambient Temperature: 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Minimum Ambient Temperature: The lowest temperature you want to store your wine at. The unit does not have a heater, so if the ambient temperature is lower than the set temperature, the internal temperature will match the external temperature.
- Temperature can be displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Fan-forced cooling for even temperature distribution
- Cool Blue interior lighting
- Beautiful hardwood shelves
- Beveled shelf slats securely cradle wine bottles to reduce vibration
- Telescoping roller glides extend shelves far enough to access rear bottles
- Security Lock
- Dual Paned Glass Door with UV Protection
- Built-in or Freestanding use
We realize that there is no "standard" bottle size anymore. Here is a small sample of bottle size variations and how they can affect your overall bottle capacity. Each of these bottles have varying widths and heights.
- Bottle A is the ideal bottle size. The bottles are just short enough that the neck of the back bottles fit between the shoulders of the front bottles without touching and the 2-15/16" diameter allows plenty of room between bottles. This allows you to fit 20 bottles on the top rack and 11 bottles on the other 14 racks with a total capacity of 174 bottles.
- Bottle B is taller than the average bottle at both the top and the shoulder. If only using this size bottle, the top of the rear bottles on the rack would hit the shoulder of the front bottles on the rack and push them too far to either side to have bottles all the way across the front of the rack. We were able to fit 8 bottles on a shelf, with one bottle in front and another bottle in the back, then skipping a groove before adding another bottle in the front. That would reduce the overall capacity to 134 bottles, if your entire collection were this size but you can have bottle B in the back with bottle A in the front of each rack and still achieve the maximum capacity of 174 bottles.
- Bottle C also works well. It is 2-3/4" wide at the base, but 3 1/4" wide at the shoulder. The grooves are spaced enough that the shoulder will touch the bottle next to it, but the height still allows you to fit the normal amount of bottles on a shelf for the full 174 bottle capacity.
- Bottle D is shorter and wider, and the bigger diameter will not allow you to stack bottles on the bottom shelf. This reduces the overall capacity by 5, for a maximum capacity of 169 bottles if your entire collection were this size.
- Bottle E is even wider, with a diameter of 3-1/2". They still fit on most of the shelves without having to remove a rack, but they require that a groove be skipped between the bottles which reduced the bottles per shelf to 8 on the upper shelves and 5 on the bottom shelf. That would reduce the overall capacity to 117 bottles if your entire collection were this size.
We understand that every collection is different, and we hope that providing this information will help you determine how your collection will work with this product.