Built-in wine cellar with up to 36 bottle capacity*
This bottle count is an estimate based on 3" diameter standard wine bottle.
- Important Note: To reach the stated bottle capacity, the bottles must be the size of the bottle to the right. Larger bottles will decrease the bottle capacity.
- Two independently controlled temperature zones.
- Black Cabinet with Stainless Steel Frame and glass doors
- Towel Bar Handles and Curved Handles included so that you can customize the exterior of the refrigerator.
- All black interior emulates the traditional wine cellar .
- Roller-glide shelves extend effortlessly minimizing agitation to the wine.
- Blue LED lighting beautifully illuminates the interior without the heat created by an incandescent bulb.
- Maximum Ambient Temperature: 90°F
- Minimum Ambient Temperature: The lowest temperature you want to store your wine at. The unit does not have a heater, so if the ambient temperature is lower than the set temperature, the internal temperature will match the external temperature.
- Operating Temperature Range: 40-65°F
- The handles are not attached to the unit during shipping and will need to be installed when the unit arrives
- The doors need to be able to open 110 degrees in order for the shelves to extend without rubbing the door gasket (the door gasket can be pushed out of the way if only opened to 90 degrees)
This wine cellar has 12 shelves that can hold up to 3 bottles each for a maximum bottle capacity of 36 bottles. The maximum capacity is based on the standard Bordeaux size bottle.
This is the standard 750 mL bottle, which most wine refrigerators are configured around as it is the most popular size on the market. It measures 11-1/2" tall with a 2-15/16" diameter and the shoulder tapers up from 7-3/4" to 8-1/2". This wine refrigerator can easily store 3 of these bottles on each shelf for a total of 36 bottles.
This bottle is taller than the standard 750 mL bottle. It measures 12-1/16" tall with a 2-15/16" diameter and the shoulder tapers up from 8" to 9". The taller shoulder and top would normally wreak havoc on your wine storage because the necks would touch, making the overall length of the bottles too tall for most shelves or pushing the outside bottles out, causing them to hit the sides of the wine refrigerator. Generally, you would have to remove a shelf to accommodate these bottles, but with the extra space available on these shelves, they fit just fine and do not affect the overall capacity.
This bottle has the same diameter at the base, but the shoulder is wider, which would generally push it out of the grooves and make it rub on the shelf above. It measures 11-7/8" tall with a 2-15/16" diameter at the base and the shoulder tapers up from 7-1/2" to 8-1/4" with a 3-1/16" diameter. Due to the smart spacing on these shelves, these bottles fit with room to spare, preventing rubbing and allowing the maximum bottle capacity to stay the same.
This bottle is wider and shorter than the standard 750 mL bottle. It measures 10-5/8" tall with a 3-1/4" diameter and the shoulder tapers up from 5-1/2" to 8". Bottles this wide don't usually fit in wine refrigerators and if they do, they have issues with rubbing on the shelf above and scuffing your labels. This wine refrigerator has no issues with this type of bottle so once again, your maximum capacity will not be affected if you have them in your collection.
Pinot bottles measure 11-5/8" tall with a whopping 3-1/2" diameter and the shoulder tapers up from 5-1/2" to 8-1/4". They are too big to fit on the upper shelves, but you can still store 2 pinot bottles on each of the bottom shelves without having to remove any racks or significantly reducing your bottle capacity.
Champagne bottles are too big to fit on the upper shelves, but you can still store 2 on each of the bottom shelves. They measure 12-1/4" tall with a 3-3/4" diameter and the shoulder tapers up from 5-1/2" to 7-3/4". Most wine refrigerators this size would not be able to store any Champagne bottles without removing a shelf.
Perhaps there are people out there that only drink one type of wine, all the time. Most wine connoisseurs with a diverse palate are going to have varying bottle sizes in their collection, so having the ability to store all those varying bottle sizes without having to reconfigure and reduce your storage makes this the wine refrigerator of choice.