Make your own gluten-free beer at home!
Sorghum is gaining popularity as a complete malt substitute in beer. Coeliacs (people allergic to gluten) have to avoid items with gluten in them, including beer. Substituting Sorghum extract for malt extract opens a whole new brewing door for people.
It is mild in flavor, light in body (2-3L). One pound per one gallon of water will yield 1.040 SG. We have experimented with this extract, and have found the flavor of sorghum is not like malt at all. It has a light spicy note to it, and the mouthfeel is virtually non-existent. These two things make brewing with 100% Sorghum a nice little challenge. While the result is a drinkable beer, it needs some work. We suggest trying Heather Tips, Honey, Belgian Candi Syrup, and to stay away from "citrusy" hops. You use about 50% less hops when bittering sorghum extract.
There are some ingredients that cannot be used in brewing a beer for a person who is allergic to gluten such as specialty grains, malt, liquid yeast and dextrin. If you're allergic to gluten, be sure to check with your doctor before deciding which ingredients are safe for you to use in your beer.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.