The German made Quantor MiniChilly is an ideal solution for the avid home winemaker looking to chill up to 4 fermenters at once.
The idea of the MiniChilly is that for each fermenter you want to a chill a pump kit is added. A pump kit (GLY355) includes a submersible pump that is placed in the cold bath of the Mini Chilly along with a digital controller that is placed next to your fermenter. Silicone tubing is included to make the connections. The digital controller includes a thermal probe that should be inserted into a thermal well in your vessel or can be taped to the outside of the vessel if you don't have a thermal well. The digital controller then measures the temperature of your tank and turns the submersible pump on or off to cool the liquid in your vessel to the desired set temperature. In this way each tank can be set at different temperatures.
The MiniChilly is made by Quantor/Kreyer of Germany who is the largest manufacturer of glycol systems for breweries and wineries in the world. Made with high quality manufacturing and components, the MiniChilly is a durable system for many years of problem-free wine making.
The unit features a stainless steel case with stainless 3/8" barbs in the top that allow for a clean connection of the silicone tubing that will run from each pump to each tank. The MiniChilly is able to chill its reservoir down to 21°F when a 30% glycol solution is used. The compact size and included casters make it easy to move around the winery when needed.
- Cooling of fermentation and storage tanks
- Cooling must and wine for clearing and cold stabilization
- Cooling rooms and storage halls with additional fan coils
Many chiller ratings are based on the theoretical power of the compressor, while the cooling capacity of the MiniChilly is rated at a realistic ambient temperature. This is much more useful for predicting the MiniChilly’s performance in real world applications. Of course, you could cool a greater number of smaller tanks but you’re ultimately limited to the 4 connections. Actual cooling capacities will vary based on the insulation of the tank. For the examples below we assume neoprene or better.
Cooling Capacity Example:
Up to 11 x 110L tanks fermenting at 68°F in 80°F ambient temperature. For every fermenter you want to cold crash remove 4 fermenting fermenters from the capacity. Note there is only hooks ups for 4 fermenters.
In order to hook up the MiniChilly to your fermenter or tank's cooling system, you will need 4 lengths of tubing per pump. All tubing connections should be secured with hose clamps.
- Length 1: Submersible pump outlet to inner barb of 1st bulkhead
- Length 2: Outer barb of 1st bulkhead to cooling system inlet
- Length 3: Cooling system outlet to outer barb of 2nd bulkhead
- Length 4: Inner barb of 2nd bulkhead to MiniChilly reservoir (should drain freely, no connection necessary)
- Power: 110V-1Ph/50-60Hz
- Cooling Capacity: .5 KW/500 Watts/1700btu/.14 Tons
- Stainless Steel case
- Water Temperature Range: 21°F - 86°F (-6°C - 30°C)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 50°F - 90°F (10°C - 32°C)
- Refrigerant R134a
- Free Glycol Water-Bath for Mini-Pumps
- Fittings 3/8" for Plastic Tubes of Individual Pumps
- Solid Wheels w/ Breaks for Easy Mobility
- Universal C19 Plug
- On/Off Switch
- Water-Level Sight-Tube
- Grooves for Individual Pump Cables
- Safety Inner Separation Water Side from Electric Side
- Tank Capacity: 7.13 gal. (27 L)
- Dimensions: 27.5"L x 14.5"W x 19.5"H
- Weight: 79.5 lbs
- Made in Germany
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $49 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19 and wildfires.
- Larger items shipping LTL Freight can take up to 10 business days in transit
FedEx / UPS Shipping:
- FREE over $49*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
All freight shipments will be scheduled between the delivery company and customer prior to delivery usually 1-2 days before the shipment is ready for delivery. Freight shipments require signature on delivery.
Standard freight delivery is curbside: The shippers will call to schedule a delivery appointment with a 4 hour window. The drivers will then meet you at the designated time and drop the merchandise on the curb.
Inside Delivery will include: In house delivery, up to 1 flights of stairs and into the desired room. (calculated during checkout)
White Glove Delivery will include: Room of choice delivery, light assembly, and removal of any trash or debris from packaging.
Hand 🤚 Picked Shipping: Products marked with the take special shipping care. Because of the nature of these items we take an additional quality control step to make sure these are pack and shipped with no bumps or blemishes. You will see an additional shipping charge but understand this is only to enhance your product experience
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $49.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.