5.8-7.3 °L - Viking. Curing temperatures in the range of 110–120°C give the malt an aromatic, nutty character. The high curing temperature results in clearly reduced enzyme activities compared to Pilsner Malt.
Munich Malt is ideal malt for dark lagers, festival beers and bocks for underlining malty flavors and full bodied taste. The decreased enzyme activities have to be taken into consideration when designing the brewing recipe.
Moisture % - max. 5.0
Extract fine % dm - min. 78.0
Color °L - 5.8-7.3
Protein % dm - max. 11.5
Free amino nitrogen mg/l - min. 120
Saccharification - max. 15
In the north, nature’s conditions are different. The hard winter, short growing season and the endless sunlight of the summer make northern barley and malt truly distinctive. A beer or whiskey has to have character, and so does the malt. The path to greatness is not always the easiest one.
Viking Malt is one of the largest malting companies in the world and the largest roaster of specialty malts. They are the main malt supplier to the famous Carlsberg brewery. Viking Malt has 6 malthouses in areas where distinctive Nordic barley are sourced: in Halmstad, Sweden; Vordingborg, Denmark; Lahti, Finland; Panevezys, Lithuania and in Sierpc and Strzegom, Poland. The advantage of northern European malt is lower protein levels, good kernel size, and less amount of pesticides used due to the cold winters.
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19 and wildfires.
- Larger items shipping LTL Freight can take up to 10 business days in transit
FedEx / UPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
All freight shipments will be scheduled between the delivery company and customer prior to delivery usually 1-2 days before the shipment is ready for delivery. Freight shipments require signature on delivery.
Standard freight delivery is curbside: The shippers will call to schedule a delivery appointment with a 4 hour window. The drivers will then meet you at the designated time and drop the merchandise on the curb.
Inside Delivery will include: In house delivery, up to 1 flights of stairs and into the desired room. (calculated during checkout)
White Glove Delivery will include: Room of choice delivery, light assembly, and removal of any trash or debris from packaging.
Hand 🤚 Picked Shipping: Products marked with the take special shipping care. Because of the nature of these items we take an additional quality control step to make sure these are pack and shipped with no bumps or blemishes. You will see an additional shipping charge but understand this is only to enhance your product experience
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $75.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.