Omega brings us yet another remarkably unique Norwegian kveik. Hailing from the Terje Raftevold farmstead, Hornindal hits your beer with an intense, tropical flavor along with an aroma of fresh pineapple, mango and tangerine. Needless to say, it pairs perfectly with fruit-forward hops. Don't be shy about taking this yeast to the upper end of its temperature range to intensify the aroma and fermentation speed. Although Hornindal Kviek is highly flocculent, it will impart a slight haze to the finished beer.
Kveik refers to traditional Norwegian farmhouse brewing yeast that has been passed down from one generation to the next, literally being harvested and repitched for centuries. Over this long period of time, kveik developed certain characteristics that distinguish it from modern brewer's yeast. In general, kveik has a very high heat tolerance and will produce a consistent flavor profile across the fermentation temperature range. It's also a fast fermenter, highly flocculent, and has an above average alcohol tolerance.
Omega Yeast produces fresh, high quality and pitch-ready liquid yeast for Probrewers and Homebrewers. We're a dedicated crew located in Chicago and St. Louis—a handful of microbiologists, homebrewers, professional brew staff and craft beer fans who have made it our express purpose to make brewing easier and better for everyone.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.