PBW stands for Powder Brewery Wash, which is a non-hazardous buffered alkaline brewery cleaner. PBW is the cleaner of choice for many breweries, where it out performs more hazardous caustic chemicals without removing the flesh off your bones. PBW also will not corrode soft metals. Comes in a jar with screw top lid.
When mixing hot water and PBW in an air or water tight space, it will create pressure. Please use caution when using PBW in enclosed equipment.
- Replaces Caustic Soda cleaners
- Effective at All Temperatures
- Free Rinsing
- Safe on Polycarbonate surfaces
- Safe to handle
- Generates 4 - 5% Oxygen
- Non-hazardous & Non-corrosive
- Excellent hard water tolerance
- Removes protein soil and staining, baked on carbon, and fatty acids
P.B.W. is a buffered alkaline detergent that has been proven to be more than an effective substitute for caustic soda cleaners. Because of its unique formulation of buffers and mild alkalis, it is safe on skin as well as soft metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, and on plastics. P.B.W. uses active oxygen to penetrate carbon or protein soils and is not effected by hard water. The oxygen also helps in reducing B.O.D. and C.O.D. in wastewater, which is an added environmental benefit.
P.B.W. has been formulated as a C.I.P. cleaner and is very effective in removing protein soils found on brew kettles, fermenters, conditioning tanks, filters and all packaging areas. The concentrations to remove these soils are typically in the 1% range. However, due to soil and water conditions this concentration will vary. To help in hard water areas P.B.W. has been formulated with enough chelators to tolerate hard water over 17 grains.
P.B.W. is an excellent choice as a soak cleaner because it does not require excessive heat as do most caustic based cleaners. This product has cleaned brass and copper filters, and industrial aluminum surfaces successfully.
Click here for SAFETY DATA SHEET
As a proven leader since 1980, Five Star Chemicals has developed quality products and discovered many unique and innovative patented products.
Five Star Chemicals & Supply Inc. is a full-service provider of cleaning, sanitizing and adjunct chemicals for breweries, distilleries, cideries, wineries, and other beverage industries throughout North America and internationally.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.