Dried Malt Extract (DME) is the primary sugar source in extract brewing and can be used in partial-mash or all grain brewing to adjust flavor, color and gravity of brews. DME can also be used to increase head retention and body. Many brewers choose nutrient rich DME as the sugar source for making yeast starters as well. Briess dried malt extracts are made from 100% malt and water.
Pilsen DME: 99% Pilsen Malt; 1% Carapils Malt; Water
Pilsen Light is the lightest DME available from Briess. With a subtle malty flavor, it can be used in the production of any beer style, either as a base or to boost gravity.
- Color: 2.0º Lovibond (8º Plato)
- Fermentability: 75%
- Solids: 97%
- 1.043 PPG
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.