Your days of lugging heavy glass carboys around are over! Our Plastic Carboys are made from PET plastic (same as 2L soda bottles) which is far more resistant to oxygen than regular plastic. They’re much lighter and safer than glass, which is good if you need to move fermenters around to find the right temperature in your house. Full carboys can be heavy and hard to maneuver and glass can break resulting in possible injury. They’re more economical than glass. It’s easiest to clean them with an overnight PBW soak, shake, rinse, & sanitize. You’ll want to avoid vigorous scrubbing during cleaning to avoid scratches.
- Uses a #10 stopper or a 5 Gallon Carboy Hood.
- Weighs 1.0 lbs
- Rated to 140 degrees F
- Height: 16 inches
- Diameter: 9 inches
- Completely taste and odor free
- Carboys can withstand up to 10 psi of pressure with no deformation
- The bases have been switched from flat to semi-flat to prevent sediment disturbances during transfer
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!