With the FermZilla Pressure Kit you can ferment under pressure, carbonate, and serve without ever needing to move your beer out of the fermenter. The kit inlcudes two plastic female threaded ball lock fittings with barbs, which thread onto the existing openings atop the FermZilla's lid. For the beverage out, you'll have a silicone dip tube with stainless steel float, allowing you to always draw from the clearest beer at the top of the tank. Pick up the Pressure Kit and turn your FermZilla into a true unitank!
This pressure kit features a 31" silicone dip tube, which is appropriately sized for the 55L FermZilla.
Fermenting Under Pressure:
The pressure kit allows for fermenting under pressure, which will reduce esters and fusel alcohol production. This means you can ferment at warmer temperatures than you normally would, even making lagers at room temperature. Most commerical beer is fermented under pressure simply due to the size of commercial tanks and the pressure that is created by the column of beer. It is one of the distinct differences between homebrewing and brewing on a commercial scale. The FermZilla's lid already comes with a built-in pressure relief valve that will blow at 35 psi; the pressure kit simply allows you to add CO2 through the ball lock fitting. We strongly recommend that you also purchase an adjustable pressure relief valve, or spunding valve, which allows you to set a lower pressure. It's always a good idea to have two relief valves on the FermZilla anytime the unit is under pressure.
Carbonating, Transferring, and Serving:
When you are fermenting under pressure the beer is already carbonated when you are done fermenting. You can control the level of carbonation by using a spunding valve. This means you can eliminate kegging and serve directly from the fermenter. We love this idea but there will probably still be times that you want to keg. Attach a beer line from the FermZilla's bev out to your keg and enjoy the easiest kegging experience ever. You can also choose to send carbonated beer through a beer filter on the way to your keg. When applying pressure with a CO2 tank also make sure that you have a functional relief valve on your CO2 regulator.
Since the beer always has a CO2 blanket through fermentation and during any transfers out, oxidation is eliminated. When you cold crash you won't be sucking air back in through an airlock.
- Ferment beer under pressure to reduce ester and fusel alcohol production
- Always draw clear beer with the floating dip tube
- Keg beer that has already been carbonated
- Use CO2 to push beer into a keg or through a filter into a keg
- Eliminate kegging altogether by carbonating and serving directly from the FermZilla
Please note: pressure kit does not include the lid pictured in the example photo. The ball locks and floating dip tube are installed on the FermZilla's existing lid.
KegLand, a land of stainless steel where everything is on tap! We have all your beer brewing and keg dispensing essentials available to make your wildest beer dreams a reality. Join us on our never ending quest to discover, create and dispense beverage perfection. Kegland is a place where our amber bounty flows abundantly. It’s a place where every day is a celebration in honour of all that comes from the keg. We are in awe of the mysterious power of kegs where the seemingly endless flow of good times originates and with every pour from the faucet our bond between man and beverage grows stronger.
FREE Shipping over $49
Flat Rate $7.95 under $49
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $49 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19 and wildfires.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $49*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $99
- 1-3 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $49.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.