Perhaps your wort was too hot when you transferred from the kettle, or while cleaning you dropped the FermZilla against something sharp that punched a hole, or maybe it's just time to replace the tank after acquiring too many scratches from normal wear-and-tear. Whatever the reason, no need to go buy a whole new FermZilla! Just pick up one of these fresh replacement tanks and your conical fermenter will be good as new!
If you use the FermZilla to ferment under pressure, or you use CO2 to pressure transfer or force carbonate your finished beer, it is very important that you conduct semi-annual inspections of your tank. Even with perfect care, the FermZilla tank may show signs of wear from pressure stress over time. We recommend visually inspecting your tank for stress creases or other signs of wear once or twice a year. A hydro test should be conducted every two years, even if no signs of wear are found. The process is simple:
- Fill the tank to the brim with water
- Replace the Red PRV with a PRV rated to 4.5 BAR or higher
- Pressurize the tank to 4 BAR (58 psi)
- Check for leaks, then replace the Red PRV when finished
If leaks or potential points of failure are found, replace the tank before you continue using pressure with your FermZilla.
Taking good care of your FermZilla begins with cleaning and sanitizing the unit before and after use. The tank is made from food-grade PET, which is beautifully clear, but can be sensitive to long soaks in cleaners and acid-based sanitizers. In general, we do not recommend leaving products like PBW or StarSan soaking in the tank for more than an hour. Extended soaks have the potential to degrade the PET material and shorten the lifespan of the tank.
KegLand, a land of stainless steel where everything is on tap! We have all your beer brewing and keg dispensing essentials available to make your wildest beer dreams a reality. Join us on our never ending quest to discover, create and dispense beverage perfection. Kegland is a place where our amber bounty flows abundantly. It’s a place where every day is a celebration in honour of all that comes from the keg. We are in awe of the mysterious power of kegs where the seemingly endless flow of good times originates and with every pour from the faucet our bond between man and beverage grows stronger.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!