Sorbistat K, Potassium Sorbate, ensures against renewed fermentation in wine when residual sugar is added post the initial ferment. Add at the rate of .5 to .75 grams per gallon (125-200ppm) in conjunction with .3 grams of meta-bisulphite (50ppm) per gallon. Use the higher end of the range (200 ppm) as the wine's pH approaches or exceeds 3.5 or when the alcohol conent of the wine is below 10%.
Note: Will not stop an active fermentation. Potassium sorbate should not be used if the wine underwent an ML fermentation because sorbic acid (in the potassium sorbate) will react with lactic bacteria to produce a "geranium" smelling off-flavor.
A rough approximate of weight is 1 tsp = 2.3 grams. We highly recommend using a scale to weigh the product for an accurate dose. We do not recommend relying on these rough conversions for accurate dosage rates.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.