Mix 1/4 oz per 16 (quart) of water or 1 oz per 5 gallons of water.
- Spray 6-8 inches from surface and follow up with a brush or sponge.
- Allow for contact time of at least 1-2 minutes.
- Drain, but do not rinse.
No rinse, no worries, no contamination!
Star San is an acid based sanitizer that is quick, odorless, tasteless, and safe for most materials except softer metals. As a high foamer, it’s foaming action ensures coverage and contact time in larger vessels and better penetration into nooks and crannys. Any foam that is left over in your carboy or keg will not harm your beer or you. If you plan on making some up for spray application, it is best to use distilled or RO water to maximize the life of the unused portion (minerals in tap water reduce the shelf life of Star San once in solution). If a lower foaming alternative is preferred, for bottling or multiple batches, check out Saniclean.
- Use 1 oz per 5 gallons of water
- Contact time of 1 minute
- Completely safe and non-toxic
- Will not impart any flavors or odors
How long is Star San good for once it’s mixed into a solution?
Star San is an EPAs registered sanitizer and must be used immediately. We do not recommend using it if has been in solution longer than an hour.
Can I use Star San to sanitize my pets accessories?
No, Star San is hazardous to animals.
Is Star San septic safe?
Yes, but when disposing of the chemical you will want to have the water running to ensure that it is heavily diluted. Once the bottle is empty have the water run for another minute or two.
As a proven leader since 1980, Five Star Chemicals has developed quality products and discovered many unique and innovative patented products.
Five Star Chemicals & Supply Inc. is a full-service provider of cleaning, sanitizing and adjunct chemicals for breweries, distilleries, cideries, wineries, and other beverage industries throughout North America and internationally.
- FREE Shipping on all orders over $49 shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 2-5 business days in transit
- Larger items shipping LTL Freight can take up to 10 business days in transit
FedEx / UPS Shipping:
- FREE over $49*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
All freight shipments will be scheduled between the delivery company and customer prior to delivery usually 1-2 days before the shipment is ready for delivery. Freight shipments require signature on delivery.
Standard freight delivery is curbside: The shippers will call to schedule a delivery appointment with a 4 hour window. The drivers will then meet you at the designated time and drop the merchandise on the curb.
Inside Delivery will include: In house delivery, up to 1 flights of stairs and into the desired room. (calculated during checkout)
White Glove Delivery will include: Room of choice delivery, light assembly, and removal of any trash or debris from packaging.
Hand 🤚 Picked Shipping: Products marked with the take special shipping care. Because of the nature of these items we take an additional quality control step to make sure these are pack and shipped with no bumps or blemishes. You will see an additional shipping charge but understand this is only to enhance your product experience
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
* Free Shipping only applies to orders over $49.00, shipping within the contiguous United States.