Ultralight is one the lightest Malt Extract available anywhere and has a great malty, grain flavor. The color is so light because it is made from 100% 2-row base malt. Our manufacturer also uses a minimum amount of heat, and a slower evaporation to reduce the carmelization found in most other extracts. This extract is mashed around 152 degrees which results in beers with great malt flavor yet good fermentability. We use it in a majority of our Recipe Kits. It is unbeatable for light colored Pale Ales and amazing in IPA's where it lets the hops become the focus. If you are making a darker beer you can simply steep darker specialty grains to obtain the flavor and color you are looking for.
Packaged in a special metallic, oxygen barrier bag that unlike plastic jugs does not allow any oxidation to occur. Does fresh extract make a difference? Decide for yourself!
We recommend customers store their extract in the refrigerator if they do not plan on using it within 8 weeks.
Solids- 80% (+/- 1.0)
Fermentability- 80% (+/- 5)
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.