3.2-4.3 °L - Viking Vienna Malt is cured at slightly higher temperatures than pilsner malt. Consequently Vienna Malt gives a golden colored beer and increases body and fullness. Due to the higher curing temperature, the enzyme activity of Vienna Malt is slightly lower than that of pilsner malt. Flavor of Vienna Malt is subtle, including maltiness, some sweetness and hints of caramel aromas. Slightly nutty sensations can also be found.
Vienna Malt is well suited for relatively pale colored beers. Typical application is to enhance color and aroma of light beers. Vienna also has its own beer type, Vienna lager, which is famous for its deep golden color and malty taste.
Moisture % - max. 5.0
Extract fine % dm - min. 79.0
Color °L - 3.2-4.3
Protein % dm - max. 11.5
Free amino nitrogen mg/l - min. 130
Saccharification - max. 15
Beta-glucan mg/l - max. 200
Friability % - min. 80
In the north, nature’s conditions are different. The hard winter, short growing season and the endless sunlight of the summer make northern barley and malt truly distinctive. A beer or whiskey has to have character, and so does the malt. The path to greatness is not always the easiest one.
Viking Malt is one of the largest malting companies in the world and the largest roaster of specialty malts. They are the main malt supplier to the famous Carlsberg brewery. Viking Malt has 6 malthouses in areas where distinctive Nordic barley are sourced: in Halmstad, Sweden; Vordingborg, Denmark; Lahti, Finland; Panevezys, Lithuania and in Sierpc and Strzegom, Poland. The advantage of northern European malt is lower protein levels, good kernel size, and less amount of pesticides used due to the cold winters.
- FREE Shipping on most over $75 shipping within the contiguous U.S.*
- ExtraCare Glass items' shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Most in-stock orders ship the following business day.
- Standard ground shipping typically takes 1-3 business days in transit
- please note: we are experiencing delays in some fulfillment centers due to COVID-19.
FedEx / UPS / USPS Shipping:
- FREE over $75*
- Flat rate $7.95 under $75*
- 2-5 business days in transit
- Does not require Signature
We're committed to your total satisfaction. You may return your items within 30 days of their delivery. Please follow the instructions below.
- Returns must be in brand new condition.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging.
- Items must include all parts, pieces, and manuals.
- Items cannot be assembled or used in anyway.
Restocking fees are typically not applied, however, in some cases a restocking fee not to exceed 30% will be withheld from your returned merchandise total. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
*Free & Flat Rate shipping is only available in the contiguous U.S. Some exclusions apply, including ExtraCare Glass items, special order items, and non-standard items.